Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index

please help with this need to recive the intercection between loose And
exposed answer shold be E.

Shelterd Partially Shelterd Eposed Extremely
Exposed
Very Loose E D C
Loose G F E
Average J I H
Tight K J I
Very Tight L L L

Thank you for the Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I entered you data such that the word "Sheltered" in in B1, and "Very Loose"
is in A2, etc
In G1 I enter Loose and in H1 I entered Exposed
In J1 I used the formula =INDEX(B2:E6,MATCH(G1,A2:A6,0),MATCH(H1,B1:E1,0))
to get the answer E

As a second experiment, I selected A1:E6 and use Create Names. Now, for
example, D2:D6 is called Exposed while B3:E3 is called Loose

A formula such as = Loose Exposed will return the intersection. The space in
this formula is the 'intersection operator'

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"msao" wrote in message
please help with this need to recive the intercection between loose And
exposed answer shold be E.

Shelterd Partially Shelterd Eposed
Extremely
Exposed
Very Loose E D C
Loose G F E
Average J I H
Tight K J I
Very Tight L L L

Thank you for the Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another way using VLOOKUP(). Make sure the text mentioned in the formula or
reference cell is exactly same as mentioned in row headers and column headers

=VLOOKUP("Loose",A1:E10,MATCH("Exposed",A1:E1,0),0 )

'with the lookup values in F1 and F2
=VLOOKUP(F1,A1:E10,MATCH(F2,A1:E1,0),0)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria