Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Index

I entered you data such that the word "Sheltered" in in B1, and "Very Loose"
is in A2, etc
In G1 I enter Loose and in H1 I entered Exposed
In J1 I used the formula =INDEX(B2:E6,MATCH(G1,A2:A6,0),MATCH(H1,B1:E1,0))
to get the answer E

As a second experiment, I selected A1:E6 and use Create Names. Now, for
example, D2:D6 is called Exposed while B3:E3 is called Loose

A formula such as = Loose Exposed will return the intersection. The space in
this formula is the 'intersection operator'

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"msao" wrote in message
please help with this need to recive the intercection between loose And
exposed answer shold be E.

Shelterd Partially Shelterd Eposed
Extremely
Exposed