Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup returns n/a for all lines - what am I missing?

I have pulled some data into a spreadsheet from an Access database (model #
and ATP)

My vlookup formula is this =VLOOKUP(B6,live,2,FALSE)
B6 is the model # , live is the name I gave the data from Access, 2 is the
2nd field in my list from Access (#1 is model and #2 is ATP) and false
because they are not in sequential order when they import from Access. I
always get n/a and I can't figure out why!

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B6,live,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(B6,l ive,2,FALSE))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lorina" wrote:

I have pulled some data into a spreadsheet from an Access database (model #
and ATP)

My vlookup formula is this =VLOOKUP(B6,live,2,FALSE)
B6 is the model # , live is the name I gave the data from Access, 2 is the
2nd field in my list from Access (#1 is model and #2 is ATP) and false
because they are not in sequential order when they import from Access. I
always get n/a and I can't figure out why!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check for spaces or other non-printing characters in bothe the search
argument and the list. You can use the LEN() function to see how many
characters Excel think there are and compare that with what you see
Also, check that both are numeric or both are text (with the ISTEXT() or
ISNUMBER() function)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lorina" wrote in message
I have pulled some data into a spreadsheet from an Access database (model #
and ATP)

My vlookup formula is this =VLOOKUP(B6,live,2,FALSE)
B6 is the model # , live is the name I gave the data from Access, 2 is the
2nd field in my list from Access (#1 is model and #2 is ATP) and false
because they are not in sequential order when they import from Access. I
always get n/a and I can't figure out why!

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops...I thought you are looking to handle n/a..ok ..Since the data is
imported from Access, check few matching entries for any space/special
character before or after the entries..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria