Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiplying by variables based off original number

trying to figure this out, im in commsionned sales, and we base our commision
off a percentage of our gross, i need a formula that basically does this
400 or less=100
1500 or less *.25
1501-2499*.3
2499<*.35
all in one formula.... is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way...

=IF(A1<=400,100,A1*IF(A1<=1500,0.25,IF(A1<=2499,0. 3,0.35)))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jato" wrote in message
trying to figure this out, im in commsionned sales, and we base our
commision
off a percentage of our gross, i need a formula that basically does this
400 or less=100
1500 or less *.25
1501-2499*.3
2499<*.35
all in one formula.... is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Combine the below formula...to yours...

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,401,1501,2500},{100,0.25,0.3,0.35})

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jato" wrote:

trying to figure this out, im in commsionned sales, and we base our commision
off a percentage of our gross, i need a formula that basically does this
400 or less=100
1500 or less *.25
1501-2499*.3
2499<*.35
all in one formula.... is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"jato" wrote in message ...
trying to figure this out, im in commsionned sales, and we base our commision
off a percentage of our gross, i need a formula that basically does this
400 or less=100
1500 or less *.25
1501-2499*.3
2499<*.35
all in one formula.... is this possible?

Hi J.
One more try, see if it fits your numbers.
Commission =MAX(100,0.25*A1,0.3*A1-75,0.35*A1-200)
The definitions leave room for different formulas, check this one out too.
Hans T.