Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup a location # with multiple dates

I need to lookup a location # with serval dates and compare to the current
dates being reported for that particular location this month.
Example:
Sheet1
ColA(location) ColB(dates)
1 10/1
1 10/14
1 9/25
1 9/4

Sheet2
ColA(location) ColB(dates)
1 9/25
1 9/18
1 9/11
1 9/4

I would like to do a lookup on Sheet1 to see if location 1 has previously
reported the September activity in September(Sheet2). When you do a simple
vlookup, it only returns the first date for that location # (here it would be
the 9/25). Here I would like for it to show me on Sheet1 the 9/25 and 9/4
dates, so that I can verify that these two dates had previously been reported
for location #1.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something like this. Entered on Sheet1 C2 and copied down as needed.

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A$2:A$5=A2),--(Sheet2!B$2:B$5=B2)),B2,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In an adjacent cell, maybe D1, paste this function:
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$B$1:B1,B1)=1,B1,"")

HTH,
Ryan---

--