Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with a formula in an excel 2007 worksheet.

I have a question that is baffling me, can someone help me out with a
formula.

I have the following fields

[Data Form]
[A] [b] [F-FieldNames]
G1FLD1 Item1 G1FLD1
G1FLD1 Item2 G2FLD1
G1FLD1 Item3 G3FLD1
G2FLD2 Item4 G4FLD1
G2FLD2 Item5 G5FLD1
G2FLD2 Item6 G6FLD1

The field labeled "F" is my lookup field that is displayed in a
dropdown list.

[Info Form]

[A] [b] [C]
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Now when I select a cell in "A", the lookup list will display the
contents of "F" from the DataForm. That formula is "=FieldNames

My problem is in the location of selecting the cell in "B" in "Info
Form". I want only the information corresponding to the selected item
to be displayed in the dropdown list. I dont know how to do this, I
have searched for quite a while but I still cannot find my answer.

If I select "G1FLD1" from the list, the only information that I should
see in the "B"column in the list should be.

Item1
Item2
Item3

If i select "G2FLD1", then I will be displayed with
Item4
Item5
Item6

I hope I explained myself clearly, thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MRT MRT is offline

[A] [b] [F-FieldNames] [G-G1FLD1] [H-G2FLD1]
G1FLD1 Item1 Item4
G2FLD1 Item2 Item5
G3FLD1 Item3 Item6
G4FLD1
G5FLD1
G6FLD1

select G1 to G3 (Item1-Item3), define the name as G1FLD1
select H1 to H3 (Item4-Item6), define the name as G2FLD1

Data Validation formula for column B is "=INDIRECT(A1)

HTH
--
MRT