Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDIRECT function to reference a named range

I receive errors when I try to use the INDIRECT function to reference a named
range. For example, my formula {INDIRECT("RANGE"&A1)} returns an error when
the same formula {=RANGE1} does not. For clarification, cell A1 has the
number 1 in it. Is this simply an Excel flaw or can I use a work around.
The function should be able to be dragged down so that the numbers in row A
are combined with the name "RANGE" to reference a set of named ranges.

Thanks for your help,

iperlovsky
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The below works for me..
In cell A1 enter numeric 1
Name a cell say J1 as 'Range1'

=INDIRECT("RANGE" & A1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"iperlovsky" wrote:

I receive errors when I try to use the INDIRECT function to reference a named
range. For example, my formula {INDIRECT("RANGE"&A1)} returns an error when
the same formula {=RANGE1} does not. For clarification, cell A1 has the
number 1 in it. Is this simply an Excel flaw or can I use a work around.
The function should be able to be dragged down so that the numbers in row A
are combined with the name "RANGE" to reference a set of named ranges.

Thanks for your help,

iperlovsky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:30:12 -0800, Jacob Skaria
wrote:

The below works for me..
In cell A1 enter numeric 1
Name a cell say J1 as 'Range1'

=INDIRECT("RANGE" & A1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

It very well may...

for me at least.

Now, how to do a one-to-many type function?