Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I link to a chart that is a full sheet?

Within a Excel 2007 workbook, I want to link to another worksheet that
contains a meaningful graph (chart).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot hyperlink a chart directly; unless the chart is embedded within a
worksheet in which case you can hyperlink to any cell under the chart. The
only way to achieve this is using a macro. Try the below and feedback.

1. Right click each button (shape)Size and PropertiesAlt Text. Enter the
chart name in the alternative text area for each shape. Please make sure the
name is ** exactly same ** as the chart name (even spaces count !).

2. Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From
workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. From menu 'Insert' a module and
paste the below code. Save. Close the VBE window and get back to Workbook.

Sub GoToMyChart()
Set shp = ActiveSheet.Shapes(Application.Caller)
Charts(Trim(shp.AlternativeText)).Activate
End Sub

3. Right click the first shapeAssign MacroFrom the list Select GoToMyChart
and click OK. Now try mouse click the shape. If that works repeat the same
for each shape.

PS: The only issue with the above method is that the security level of the
user should be set to medium/low for running any macros.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria