Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What should formula look like to define date range on SUMIF

Basically, I want to select a date range of records and apply the SUMIF
formula to the selected records.

What should that formula look like? For example, for pants sold before
10/22/2009 and after 10/2/2009?
A B C
1 Date Description Amount
2 10/1/2009 pants 100
7 9/22/2009 pants 500
8 11/2/2009 pants 600
9 9/3/2009 pants 700

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=sumif(B2:B9,"="&B12,C2:C9)-sumif(B2:B9,"<"&B11,C2:C9)

B12 holds the beginning date and B11 holds the ending date

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com