Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting Question

I am having a problem coming up with a formula for what I want.

I have cells E15, F15, G15 and H15. All of them have checkboxes and the
boxes are linked to each cell.

What I want is over in cell K15 I want a message to appear if more than one
box is checked in that row only. Something simple in bold red like "Only
Check 1 Box"

I get as far as =if(E15)=TRUE..................then I am lost.

Thanks in advance for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will have to use VBA to reference the status of the checkbox.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=149412

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Darn!

It was my understanding that i would only have to do that if I wanted to
lock the other cells/checkboxes.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Neil
It can be done, but you need 1 extra columns, first to change true/false into 1
and 0's =IF(A1=TRUE,1,"") then in K15 =IF(B1:B41,"Only check 1 box","")
you need to change cell reference to your needs.
HTH
John
"Neil M" wrote in message
I am having a problem coming up with a formula for what I want.

I have cells E15, F15, G15 and H15. All of them have checkboxes and the
boxes are linked to each cell.

What I want is over in cell K15 I want a message to appear if more than one
box is checked in that row only. Something simple in bold red like "Only
Check 1 Box"

I get as far as =if(E15)=TRUE..................then I am lost.

Thanks in advance for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--E15:H15)1,"ONLY CHECK 1 BOX","")
But it's be easier if you use option buttons - then only one CAN be checked.
You don't need VBA.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Neil M" wrote in message
I am having a problem coming up with a formula for what I want.

I have cells E15, F15, G15 and H15. All of them have checkboxes and the
boxes are linked to each cell.

What I want is over in cell K15 I want a message to appear if more than
one
box is checked in that row only. Something simple in bold red like "Only
Check 1 Box"

I get as far as =if(E15)=TRUE..................then I am lost.

Thanks in advance for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good job Bob
I knew it could be done but just couldn't figure it out.
It's simple once you see it. need more coffee :)
John