Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count text occurences in range when criteria in other column is me

I have a spreadsheet with data like this:
J K L Q
1 GIFT #1 GIFT #2 GIFT #3 DELIVER
2 APRON Camcorder Clock Yes
3 Stereo Apron Yes
4 Camera
6 APRON Yes
7 APRON Clock
8 Clock Yes

I want to count occurences of "Apron" in range J2:J8 ONLY if "Yes" occurs in
Column Q of that record (row). The total will be in a different sheet of teh
same workbook (The sheets are named.)
Any suggestions how to accomplish this?
I tried COUNTIF, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT. Nothing gave the proper result. I either
received an error (#NAME or #VALUE) ot the wrong result (0).
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out your earlier post. If the formula is in a different sheet
then you will need to put the sheet name before the ranges, separated
by a !, i.e.:

Sheet1!J2:J8

The other difference is that now your Delivery column is Q instead of
P.

Pete

On Oct 25, 8:04*pm, eliyahuz
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count text occurences in range when criteria in other column i

It is supposed to be Q. I reposted the question because when I posted it
initially it didn't seem like it went through. The problem remains though
that the results show 0. It should be 3. I'm obviously missing something.

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with data like this:
J K L Q
1 GIFT #1 GIFT #2 GIFT #3 DELIVER
2 APRON Camcorder Clock Yes
3 Stereo Apron Yes
4 Camera
6 APRON Yes
7 APRON Clock
8 Clock Yes

I want to count occurences of "Apron" in range J2:J8 ONLY if "Yes" occurs in
Column Q of that record (row). The total will be in a different sheet of teh
same workbook (The sheets are named.)
Any suggestions how to accomplish this?
I tried COUNTIF, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT. Nothing gave the proper result. I either
received an error (#NAME or #VALUE) ot the wrong result (0).
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below formula with cell R1 = "Apron"
=SUMPRODUCT(--(J1:J10=R1)+(K1:K10=R1)+(L1:L10=R1),--(Q1:Q10="Yes"))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria