Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have a column of 50 numbers

I have a column of 50 numbers. About half are negative. Is there a
formula I can use to change
all the numbers to positive numbers? Thanks Skip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming they start in A1, put this in B1:

=ABS(A1)

and copy this down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 24, 12:42*pm, Skip wrote:
I have a column of 50 numbers. *About half are negative. *Is there a
formula I can use to change
all the numbers to positive numbers? *Thanks * Skip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Skip
You can use =ABS(A1) and copy down
HTH
John
"Skip" wrote in message
I have a column of 50 numbers. About half are negative. Is there a
formula I can use to change
all the numbers to positive numbers? Thanks Skip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John"Skip" wrote in message

I have a column of 50 numbers. *About half are negative. *Is there a
formula I can use to change
all the numbers to positive numbers? *Thanks * Skip- Hide quoted text -

Can I make all the numbers negative?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi skip
Maybe not the nicest way to do it but should work.
=IF(A10,A1-A1*2,A1)
Change cell reference to your need and copy down.
HTH
John
John"Skip" wrote in message

I have a column of 50 numbers. About half are negative. Is there a
formula I can use to change
all the numbers to positive numbers? Thanks Skip- Hide quoted text -

Can I make all the numbers negative?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Alternatives:

=-ABS(A1)