Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I convert a column of positive numbers to negitive numbers

I have a long column of numbers I want to change from positive numbers to
negitive numbers. I know I can multiply the column by -1 then copy and paste
as a value, but I was hoping there was a simple command to shorten the
process.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JMason wrote:
I have a long column of numbers I want to change from positive numbers to
negitive numbers. I know I can multiply the column by -1 then copy and paste
as a value, but I was hoping there was a simple command to shorten the
process.

I don't think it gets any simpler.

Another option is place -1 in a new cell, select it, copy, select the
range to convert, paste special | values | multiply.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter -1 into an empty cell somewhere. Select that cell and click
<copy. Then highlight the column that you want to change and click on
Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | Multiply (check) | OK then
<Enter.

Note that this will change negative numbers to positive.

Hope this helps.

Pete