Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with Functions and Formulas

Question: I am working in Excel and I have 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 is the
client information with an ID# assigned to each client. Column A has the #s
starting with row 2, name in B2.
Sheet 2 is my sales sheet. I want to be able, and I know this is a little
backwards, to enter the ID# in Column G (starting at line 3), to get the
Client name (from sheet 1) to appear in Column H automatically.
I cannot figure out where to enter the formula, how to write the formula, or
what function to use.
I have been told to use the VLOOKUP and add the IF function.
"=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A:B,2)) ", this came from my
professor. Oh by the way I just finished Bis155 (Data Analysis
w/Spreadsheet,Excel)
I have also been told to enter this - =VLOOKUP(Table2[[#This Row],[Phone
Number]],Table3[[Column1]:[ID'#]],2,FALSE) . But he had it all wrong.
Can someone please help me???????
--
Kris "Novice Excel User"