Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change number from multiple decimals to 2

Can someone please help me figure out how to change a number that has
multiple declimal places (example 54.123456) to only 2 places (example
54.12). When I format the number to 2 decimals, it appears correct, however,
when I "click" on the number, it still shows the multiple decimals. I need
the number to only show 2 decimal places at all times. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated!
--
Diana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Tools | Options | Calculation tab and then click on
Precision as displayed - when you click OK Excel will warn you that
you are about to change values, and that this is not reversible.

Hope this helps.

Pete