kim12372ingram

Default change 5523.44 to 552344 no decimals

I need to change 5523.44 to 552344 with no decimals in a spreadsheet.
Peo Sjoblom

Put 100 in an empty cell, copy it, select the numbers and do editpaste
special and select multiply

this assumes you have 2 decimals for all your entries

Peo Sjoblom

"kim12372ingram" wrote in message
I need to change 5523.44 to 552344 with no decimals in a spreadsheet.

kim12372ingram

I was aware of multipling it by 100 but I was hoping that there was an easier
way other than adding columns. I was looking more for a custom format for
cells if there is one.
--
Kimberly Ingram
Payroll Administrator

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Put 100 in an empty cell, copy it, select the numbers and do editpaste
special and select multiply

this assumes you have 2 decimals for all your entries

Peo Sjoblom

"kim12372ingram" wrote in message
I need to change 5523.44 to 552344 with no decimals in a spreadsheet.

N Harkawat

select the column that has the values
Press Ctrl H
Find what . (decimal - do not type the word decimal just put a decimal
".")
replace with - (leave this blank)
replace all

this will remove all your decimals from that column

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Put 100 in an empty cell, copy it, select the numbers and do editpaste
special and select multiply

this assumes you have 2 decimals for all your entries

Peo Sjoblom

"kim12372ingram" wrote in
message
I need to change 5523.44 to 552344 with no decimals in a spreadsheet.

Peo Sjoblom

Can you show me where I said you should add columns? This will change the
values in the existing columns. If indeed you want to convert 100.00 to 10000
and you are using a number format with 2 decimals then the other method
posted using replace won't work for the entries with no decimals like 100.00
or 10.00

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom