Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default random numbers

I have organized a quiz and decided on rewarding 10 correct entries.
I have made a list of the staff ID and the corresponding name of all the
correct entries.

Is there a way I can get any ten staff IDs from the list at random?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 17:21:37 +0300, "afdmello"
wrote:

I have organized a quiz and decided on rewarding 10 correct entries.
I have made a list of the staff ID and the corresponding name of all the
correct entries.

Is there a way I can get any ten staff IDs from the list at random?

If your names are in column A enter the following formula in cell B1:
=RAND()
copy the formula down as far as you have names in column A.

Finally sort columns A and B. (Use Sort by Column B).
Then winners are the 10 top names in column A.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

You can take my UDF Rando_Pick: