Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default iserror

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"dnmusic" wrote:

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks, i thought i had already tried that, but i guess not...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"dnmusic" wrote:

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Be careful using ISERROR.

It will mask all errors which may not be desirable.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:01:01 -0700, dnmusic
wrote:

thanks, i thought i had already tried that, but i guess not...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907