-   -   iserror (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/245620-iserror.html)

dnmusic

iserror

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

Gary''s Student

iserror

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"dnmusic" wrote:

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

dnmusic

iserror

thanks, i thought i had already tried that, but i guess not...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"dnmusic" wrote:

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

Dave Peterson

iserror

You had other suggestions at your other post.

dnmusic wrote:

ok, i have a formula =IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),0,F4/E4) which works fine bu i
need to know how to make that cell blank... i guess. the reason is that i'm
trying to get the average cell G4 thru G15 which on G16 i have the formula
-AVERAGE(G4:G15) but doesn't give me the correct average because the ISERROR
formula is creating 0.00 in the G cells. what formula and where do i need
it. i 've tried ,"", but i'm doing something wrong...

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

iserror

Be careful using ISERROR.

It will mask all errors which may not be desirable.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:01:01 -0700, dnmusic
wrote:

thanks, i thought i had already tried that, but i guess not...

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(F4/E4),"",F4/E4)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907