Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Duplicates in Groups

I have a file that has quantity and codes. Each code has an amount, but they
are different amounts and the code duplicates many times. I need a formula
that totals each group of codes. The codes cannot be sorted so they are all
together they must be separate to keep lots together.

C = The results I would like to have.

A B C
10 AR5 10
25 AC6
25 AC6 50
15 AR5
25 AR5
25 AR5 65
12 AC6
10 AC6 22
22 XR6

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just answered a similar question. I think this is what you want:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=416

You may want to consider using a Pivot Table too (or as an alternative):
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
http://www.babeled.com/2008/07/18/ex...-manipulation/

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Zesty" wrote:

I have a file that has quantity and codes. Each code has an amount, but they
are different amounts and the code duplicates many times. I need a formula
that totals each group of codes. The codes cannot be sorted so they are all
together they must be separate to keep lots together.

C = The results I would like to have.

A B C
10 AR5 10
25 AC6
25 AC6 50
15 AR5
25 AR5
25 AR5 65
12 AC6
10 AC6 22
22 XR6

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assume that your data is in range A5:B13. In A4, type numbers, in B4, type
code and in C4, type Sum. In cell C5, enter

=IF(OR(B5=B6,B6=""),"",DSUM($A$4:B5,$A$4,$A$4:B5)-SUM($C3:C$4))

Hope this helps

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com