Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sum results based on a reference

I have column A with several repeating references (e.g: 1, 2, 3,4,3,2,4,5,2,
etc), I need to be able to sum the values in column B that match the specific
reference.
e.g.:
A B
1 25
2 14
3 18
1 20
3 25

Therefore, if I am looking at sum of all values referred from "1", my total
is 45 (25+20).
Can someone help? my columns A and B can go to hundreds of rows, and no more
than 30 to 50 references.

thank you,

Mauro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Create a pivot table. Drag column A to the row area and column B to the
data area

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com