Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting time in Excel 2007

I am trying to chart our phone submissions. I get the report from the system
with military time as 10:09:54 and 20:51:58 when a call is received. I need
to truncate this time to just the first two left numbers so I can chart by
hours. So on my chart all submissions from 1:00:00 to 1:59:00 should chart as
1 for graphing. How do I convert this time to a two digit number in Excel
2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

with:
20:14:09
in A1 use the formula:
=ROUNDDOWN(A1*24,0)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200907

"Debbi" wrote:

I am trying to chart our phone submissions. I get the report from the system
with military time as 10:09:54 and 20:51:58 when a call is received. I need
to truncate this time to just the first two left numbers so I can chart by
hours. So on my chart all submissions from 1:00:00 to 1:59:00 should chart as
1 for graphing. How do I convert this time to a two digit number in Excel
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel stores time as a fraction of a day
A1 has 1:0:0
B1 has =A1*24 will display 1 when formatted General

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Debbi" wrote in message
I am trying to chart our phone submissions. I get the report from the
system
with military time as 10:09:54 and 20:51:58 when a call is received. I
need
to truncate this time to just the first two left numbers so I can chart by
hours. So on my chart all submissions from 1:00:00 to 1:59:00 should chart
as
1 for graphing. How do I convert this time to a two digit number in Excel
2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you may also use