Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FILTERING RESULTS

I HAVE A LIST OF NAMES AND VALUES AND I WANT TO FILTER THE TOTALS ON A
SEPARATE SPREADSHEET. IN OTHER WORDS EVERY TIME I LIST A NAME WITH AN AMOUNT
IT WILL PUT THE AMOUNT INTO THE CORRESPONDING NAMES RUNNING TOTAL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just open both spreadsheets at the same time click on the cell that you want
the running total to go in, click the auto sum button, switch spreadsheets
and select the range from which you wish to obtain the total.
if the range is in separate chunks hold down ctrl while selecting the ranges.

"MIKEZ" wrote:

I HAVE A LIST OF NAMES AND VALUES AND I WANT TO FILTER THE TOTALS ON A
SEPARATE SPREADSHEET. IN OTHER WORDS EVERY TIME I LIST A NAME WITH AN AMOUNT
IT WILL PUT THE AMOUNT INTO THE CORRESPONDING NAMES RUNNING TOTAL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With data arranged as below

Sheet1!ColA contains names
Sheet1!ColB contains amount

'If you mean a total of the amount from..The below formula in Sheet2
=SUM(Sheet1!B:B)

'If you mean a total of the amount for a particular name say 'Mikez'
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,"mikez",Sheet1!B:B)

OR
With Mikez in Sheet2 cell A1 ;try the below formula in cell B1
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!B:B)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"MIKEZ" wrote:

I HAVE A LIST OF NAMES AND VALUES AND I WANT TO FILTER THE TOTALS ON A
SEPARATE SPREADSHEET. IN OTHER WORDS EVERY TIME I LIST A NAME WITH AN AMOUNT
IT WILL PUT THE AMOUNT INTO THE CORRESPONDING NAMES RUNNING TOTAL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi "Atishoo"

Thanks for the feedback.. I have responded to that post and thank you very
much for pointing that out.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria