Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Atishoo Atishoo is offline

Default FILTERING RESULTS

Jacob take a look at "a macro with finishing criteria" question posted in
general questions! One of your subs is "bright and quick to handle" Nice!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With data arranged as below

Sheet1!ColA contains names
Sheet1!ColB contains amount

'If you mean a total of the amount from..The below formula in Sheet2
=SUM(Sheet1!B:B)

'If you mean a total of the amount for a particular name say 'Mikez'
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,"mikez",Sheet1!B:B)

OR
With Mikez in Sheet2 cell A1 ;try the below formula in cell B1
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!B:B)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"MIKEZ" wrote:

I HAVE A LIST OF NAMES AND VALUES AND I WANT TO FILTER THE TOTALS ON A
SEPARATE SPREADSHEET. IN OTHER WORDS EVERY TIME I LIST A NAME WITH AN AMOUNT
IT WILL PUT THE AMOUNT INTO THE CORRESPONDING NAMES RUNNING TOTAL