Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help needed on a function for multiple workbooks from 1 main workb

Here's my problem. I have one main workbook with data on and then i have 30
odd other workbooks that need to gather specific information from this main
workbook. I have partially figured out the functions as thus:

=IF('[MAIN TIMESHEET.xls]October'!$F3="BWC",'[MAIN
TIMESHEET.xls]October'!$B3:$I3,$B$79)

However, what this currently does is just take the specific information row
by row and inserts that specific information into the same row number as
where it is found on the main workbook. What i need it to do is to add the
information to the top row of the workbook and ignore the row number that it
was pulled through from the main workbook.

here's what it gives me currently:

Workbook 1
Workbook 2

A B C D E F G H I A
B C D E F G H I
1 It takes the
2 info as is from
3c f b b n BWC m h u workbook 1 c f b
b n BWC m h u
4 row 3 and adds
5 to workbook 2
row 3 but i want it
to be added to
row 1

A B C D E F G H I A B
C D E F G H I
1 It takes the c
f b b n BWC m h u
2 info as is from
3c f b b n BWC m h u workbook 1
4 row 3 and adds
5 to workbook 2
row 3 but i want it
to be added to
row 1

Is there anyone who can help me with this please??