Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to make the value in a cell, to a row in a sum function

Dear All,

if i had data:
A B C
1 1 7 8
2 1 5 5
3 1 6 6
4 1 10 14
5 1
6 1
7 2
8 2
9 2
10 2

where the cell C1 is the sum of cells a1 - A7, C2 cell is a sum of cells a1
- a5, cell c3 is the sum of cells a1 - a6 and d4 cells is a sum of cells a1 -
A10. What formula can make this addition, which I've tried IF functions, but
not efficient when the cell "A" continue to grow it.

When concluded, what is written in cell B1, a limit on the sum of column "A".

Thanks before,

Rgds,
Maulwy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In C1 and copy down
=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A" & B1))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Maulwy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(A$1:INDEX(A:A,B1))
Regards,
Stefi

Maulwy ezt *rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to make the value in a cell, to a row in a sum functio

Dear Jacob,

Thanks a lot, its work.

Rgds,
Maulwy

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In C1 and copy down
=SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A" & B1))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Maulwy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

Maulwy ezt *rta:

Dear Stefi,

Its work too, thanks a lot ya...