Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Import data from another sheet that matches to a class list?

I am trying to import/merge data from another workbook. The data needs to
match up to a like list (ie. a class list). Can this be done automatically as
oppose to copy and paste and then check the list of names?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

More detail. A lot more

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gmac70" wrote in message
I am trying to import/merge data from another workbook. The data needs to
match up to a like list (ie. a class list). Can this be done automatically
as
oppose to copy and paste and then check the list of names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you in advance.

I have a sheet containing a class list with data next to their name. I would
like to merge some data from another sheet but it needs to tally up with the
same names in both books.

Is there a way I can import it without copy and paste and then have to check
each entry matches? i.e. Name of child - Spring Grade. Can I import into
another column the summer grades?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote:

More detail. A lot more

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"gmac70" wrote in message
I am trying to import/merge data from another workbook. The data needs to
match up to a like list (ie. a class list). Can this be done automatically
as
oppose to copy and paste and then check the list of names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may us the VLOOKUP() function. Please read up on the same in the Help
menu

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"gmac70" wrote in message
Thank you in advance.

I have a sheet containing a class list with data next to their name. I
would
like to merge some data from another sheet but it needs to tally up with
the
same names in both books.

Is there a way I can import it without copy and paste and then have to
check
each entry matches? i.e. Name of child - Spring Grade. Can I import into
another column the summer grades?

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks

"Don Guillett" wrote: