Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lock/Protect Grouping Feature in Excel

I have an Excel file with several spreadsheets that are updated simulateously
using Excel's grouping feature. The problem is that this file is updated by
many different people. Someone will click on a tab at the bottom and
accidentally ungroup it. Is it possible to *lock* the grouping feature?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a very dangerous method of updating across worksheets.

All I can think of is to hide the Sheets from view so thatt specific
accident doesn't happen.

I can think of many more accidents that could occur<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:32:01 -0700, tracylhughes
wrote:

I have an Excel file with several spreadsheets that are updated simulateously
using Excel's grouping feature. The problem is that this file is updated by
many different people. Someone will click on a tab at the bottom and
accidentally ungroup it. Is it possible to *lock* the grouping feature?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Of course I meant "hide the Sheet Tabs from view"

Gord

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:39:07 -0700, tracylhughes
wrote:

Thanks Gord!