Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need x-Axis Pivot Chart Help

Hi.

I have a Pivot table with date in 1 column, time in another, and values in a
3rd. I want to set up a Pivot chart displaying the values as a function of
both the date and time. Unfortunately, the chart displays all the times, but
will only display the first date of the series. Can anyone tell me how to
display all the dates as well as the times?

Thanks.

Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Clarify with sample data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is an example:

date time value
09/22 0:00 4
09/22 1:00 3
..
..
..
09/22 23:00 4
09/23 0:00 5
09/23 1:00 6
..
..
..
09/30 23:00 4

The pivot chart would show the value as a function of both the date and the
time.

0:00 1:00 .......0:00.........0:00.......................... .23:00
09/22 09/23 09/24 ......................09/30

What's happening is that I only get 09/22 to show up for date, and nothing
else.

I never had this problem with excel 2003.

Thanks for any help.

Thomas

"tcdzomba" wrote:

Hi.

I have a Pivot table with date in 1 column, time in another, and values in a
3rd. I want to set up a Pivot chart displaying the values as a function of
both the date and time. Unfortunately, the chart displays all the times, but
will only display the first date of the series. Can anyone tell me how to
display all the dates as well as the times?

Thanks.

Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007 PivotChart
This will happen for certain x-axis format combinations.
Try:
Axis Option Multi-level Category Labels checked
Axis Option Specify interval units = 1
Alignment Text direction Rotate 90 (or 270)