Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use formulas using dynamic names

I am trying to create formulas that can calculate the values using a cell
reference to refer to a named range.
For example: HLOOKUP(H15,Demand_1,2,FALSE). "Demand_1" is a name i have
given to a table of data where the first row is a horizontal list of dates
and H15 is the date for which I want a value returned. I have 3 other named
ranges structured the same way and I'd like the formula to be dynamic so that
instead of writing the formula as I've shown above it references a single
cell reference on that sheet which would contain the Name. The purpose would
be so that I can quickly switch the calculations between forecasting
scenarios.
I've tried using the Index, Indirect and Offset functions but can't seem to
get them to work.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,