Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time function =Now formula

Hello,

I don't think it's possible, because I look in all the books and searched
the Internet, but here is the function I would like to have.

Have a A1 cell with the value =NOW() to apply the current date in time in
that cell
Have a A2 cell that would display the A1 cell value minus 1 hour
Have a A3 cell that would display tha A1 cell value minus 15 hours

I basically need to ba able to see the curent hour (13:02) in the A1 cell
and see (12:02) in the A2 cell and (22:02) in the A3 cell.

Not possible, right ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
in A2 enter

=A1-TIME(1,0,0)

in A3

=A1-TIME(15,0,0)

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Fred" wrote:

Hello,

I don't think it's possible, because I look in all the books and searched
the Internet, but here is the function I would like to have.

Have a A1 cell with the value =NOW() to apply the current date in time in
that cell
Have a A2 cell that would display the A1 cell value minus 1 hour
Have a A3 cell that would display tha A1 cell value minus 15 hours

I basically need to ba able to see the curent hour (13:02) in the A1 cell
and see (12:02) in the A2 cell and (22:02) in the A3 cell.

Not possible, right ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With =NOW() in A1, put this in A2:

=NOW() - 1/24

or:

=A1 - 1/24

and this in A3:

=NOW() - 15/24

or:

=A1 - 15/24

Format all three cells as hh:mm

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 21, 2:15*pm, Fred wrote:
Hello,

I don't think it's possible, because I look in all the books and searched
the Internet, but here is the function I would like to have.

Have a A1 cell with the value =NOW() to apply the current date in time in
that cell
Have a A2 cell that would display the A1 cell value minus 1 hour
Have a A3 cell that would display tha A1 cell value minus 15 hours

I basically need to ba able to see the curent hour (13:02) in the A1 cell
and see (12:02) in the A2 cell and (22:02) in the A3 cell.

Not possible, right ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

a1
=NOW()
a2
=A1-TIME(1,0,0)
a3
=A1-TIME(15,0,0)

??

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Fred" wrote:

Hello,

I don't think it's possible, because I look in all the books and searched
the Internet, but here is the function I would like to have.

Have a A1 cell with the value =NOW() to apply the current date in time in
that cell
Have a A2 cell that would display the A1 cell value minus 1 hour
Have a A3 cell that would display tha A1 cell value minus 15 hours

I basically need to ba able to see the curent hour (13:02) in the A1 cell
and see (12:02) in the A2 cell and (22:02) in the A3 cell.

Not possible, right ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1: =NOW()

A2: =A1-"1:00:00"

A3: =A1-"15:00:00"

ensure that you format it appropriately.

--
HTH

Bob