Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Averaging only populated cells

I'm averaging cells that aren't next to each other, but i don't want the
average to include cells that aren't populated.

=AVERAGE(F4:F6,F10,F14,F18,F21)
F4- 5
F6- 5
F10-
F 14- 5

AVERAGE = 3.75

for example, its possible that, let say, F10 has no quantitiy, i don't want
that to drag my average down. I want the results in the example above to
average = 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Looks like you are free to drag, per Help on AVERGE.

a.. If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or
empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero
are included.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"John" wrote in message
I'm averaging cells that aren't next to each other, but i don't want the
average to include cells that aren't populated.

=AVERAGE(F4:F6,F10,F14,F18,F21)
F4- 5
F6- 5
F10-
F 14- 5

AVERAGE = 3.75

for example, its possible that, let say, F10 has no quantitiy, i don't
want
that to drag my average down. I want the results in the example above to
average = 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The AVERAGE function does not include blank cells. If you want to use the
AVERAGE function and ignore any ZERO's.
Try something like this:

=AVERAGE(IF(F4<0,IF(F6<0,IF(F10<0,IF(F14<0,F4) ,F6),F10),F14))