Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Averaging only populated cells

Looks like you are free to drag, per Help on AVERGE.

a.. If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or
empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero
are included.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"John" wrote in message
I'm averaging cells that aren't next to each other, but i don't want the
average to include cells that aren't populated.

=AVERAGE(F4:F6,F10,F14,F18,F21)
F4- 5
F6- 5
F10-
F 14- 5

AVERAGE = 3.75

for example, its possible that, let say, F10 has no quantitiy, i don't
want
that to drag my average down. I want the results in the example above to
average = 5