Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting latest date in two columns

I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns of dates (approximately 1200 rows) and
want the count in column A where the date is less than column B.

A B
1/2/09 1/8/09
4/5/08 5/6/07
5/6/09 9/5/08

In the above example the answer I'm looking for is 1.

--
Robert K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(1*(G26:G28<H26:H28))

Hope it helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"RobertK" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns of dates (approximately 1200 rows) and
want the count in column A where the date is less than column B.

A B
1/2/09 1/8/09
4/5/08 5/6/07
5/6/09 9/5/08

In the above example the answer I'm looking for is 1.

--
Robert K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Because of the sample dates you provided this is very difficult to answer

1/2/2009 is this 1 Feb or 2 Jan?

When posting dates use examples that remove all doubt

e.g 25/12/2009

If I've guessed correctly try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20<B1:B20))

Mike

"RobertK" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns of dates (approximately 1200 rows) and
want the count in column A where the date is less than column B.

A B
1/2/09 1/8/09
4/5/08 5/6/07
5/6/09 9/5/08

In the above example the answer I'm looking for is 1.

--
Robert K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That would hardly remove all doubts in cases where the day is less than 13?
The only way would be to use either
2009-12-25.

Peo Sjoblom

"RobertK" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns of dates (approximately 1200 rows)
and
want the count in column A where the date is less than column B.

A B
1/2/09 1/8/09
4/5/08 5/6/07
5/6/09 9/5/08

In the above example the answer I'm looking for is 1.

--
Robert K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, works fine.
--
Robert K

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(1*(G26:G28<H26:H28))

Hope it helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"RobertK" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns of dates (approximately 1200 rows) and
want the count in column A where the date is less than column B.

A B
1/2/09 1/8/09
4/5/08 5/6/07
5/6/09 9/5/08

In the above example the answer I'm looking for is 1.

--
Robert K

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you