Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default STDEV Limited Number of Arguments

Why is there a 255 argument limit for STDEV and STDEVP? My sample is quite a
bit bigger, and I need to use all of the data. There is enough swing in the
first 255 that it is not representative of the whole.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

nc_pinz;489682 Wrote:
Why is there a 255 argument limit for STDEV and STDEVP? My sample is
quite a
bit bigger, and I need to use all of the data. There is enough swing
in the
first 255 that it is not representative of the whole.

That's the limit in Excel 2007, I don't know why

Each argument can be a range, you aren't limited to 255 cells. If you
really need more than 255 arguments then try bracketing cells together,
e.g.

=STDEV((A1,B1,C1))

is only 1 argument.....

--