Oceanverd

Default Lookup baseball scores in 1 worksheet and have them display in ano

I have been trying to enter scores for our little league one time and have it
update the standings and scores pages automatically. I am having trouble
with the scores in a way that I do a lookup for the date and team name match
in one worksheet and try to return the score from another when the match is
true.

I can get the logic to make the match but when I use the offset command it
returns the first ocurrance of the team name from my worksheet.

My formula is:

=IF(AND(MATCH($A5,MajorBase!$C$2:$C$251,0),MATCH($ D5,MajorBase!$F$2:$F$251,0)), OFFSET(MajorBase!$A$1, MATCH($D5, MajorBase!$F$2:$F$166, 0), 6),"")

The A and C columns are the date and team name. When they match the sheet I
am in with the raw data sheet it then returns the score of first ocurrnace of
the macth.

I realize what this is doing in that it detects that the conditions are true
and then uses the offset formula to get the value. What I want to do is have
the offset function return the value of the corresponding row of the IF AND
statement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Biff

Hi!

This would require an "eyeball" to see what's going on.

If you want, you can send me the file and I'll have a look. Post back with a
good email address and I'll contact you.

Biff