Biff

Hi!

This would require an "eyeball" to see what's going on.

If you want, you can send me the file and I'll have a look. Post back with a
good email address and I'll contact you.

Biff

"Oceanverd" wrote in message
I have been trying to enter scores for our little league one time and have
it
update the standings and scores pages automatically. I am having trouble
with the scores in a way that I do a lookup for the date and team name
match
in one worksheet and try to return the score from another when the match
is
true.

I can get the logic to make the match but when I use the offset command it
returns the first ocurrance of the team name from my worksheet.

My formula is:

=IF(AND(MATCH($A5,MajorBase!$C$2:$C$251,0),MATCH($ D5,MajorBase!$F$2:$F$251,0)),
OFFSET(MajorBase!$A$1, MATCH($D5, MajorBase!$F$2:$F$166, 0), 6),"")

The A and C columns are the date and team name. When they match the sheet
am in with the raw data sheet it then returns the score of first ocurrnace
of
the macth.

I realize what this is doing in that it detects that the conditions are
true
and then uses the offset formula to get the value. What I want to do is
have
the offset function return the value of the corresponding row of the IF
AND
statement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.