Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Prevent Tab from User Delete

Hello All:
when I use the protect sheet function it prevents the users to do just
abt any modification to data and or content to include formatting and
all which is a great function, how ever I need to stop users from
either deleting the tab or copying it(i.e the right click - delete, re-
name, move or copy) is there any way we can disable this in a
worksheet........

Ardy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Protect the Workbook structure to prevent sheet deletions, moving or
renaming.

But this won't prevent copying selectable cells and pasting to a new
workbook.

Under sheet protection you can make all cells unselectable.

But this won't prevent users from opening a new workbook and linking to your
sheet and workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:57:19 -0700 (PDT), Ardy wrote:

Hello All:
when I use the protect sheet function it prevents the users to do just
abt any modification to data and or content to include formatting and
all which is a great function, how ever I need to stop users from
either deleting the tab or copying it(i.e the right click - delete, re-
name, move or copy) is there any way we can disable this in a
worksheet........

Ardy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 8, 3:36*pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
[...]

Thanks.
Maybe there is a way from the VB side. should I post this in that
group.