Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formats with ABS

I want to fill a conditional format on a range of cells that contain
percentages. Can I get a conditional format for the ABS of the percentage? I
have tried adding ABS in front of the pecentage range but that doesnt seem to
work.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll have to use Formula is in the dropdown. So, under conditional
formatting, fomula is =ABS(A2).7

or whatever you are evaluating. It must return a true/false type of answer
to work.

"Amanda" wrote:

I want to fill a conditional format on a range of cells that contain
percentages. Can I get a conditional format for the ABS of the percentage? I
have tried adding ABS in front of the pecentage range but that doesnt seem to
work.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, you don't need that first expression. The absolute value of any number
is always greater than or equal to 0.

Second, drop the double quotes from that second expression:
=abs($F$3:$F$6)<=10

With the double quotes, it looks like you want to compare it to a string that
looks like that expression.

Third, I'm not sure why you're including 4 cells in that comparison. Are you
looking to make sure all 4 cells are <= 10 in absolute value or the sum of these
4 cells is <=10 or the maximum of these is <=10 or what???

--

Dave Peterson