stevepain

Default Four Conditional Formats?

Dear all,

I am attempting to set up a template for someone else to use on another
machine, and wish conditional format a cell such that it has four
potential formats.

The first is based on an adjacent cell value, and if this is met, then
it is colour 1.
The remaining three, are all AND statements involving the first cell
and another cell value being less than date A, less than date B or less
than date C.

Is this possible to do? I have limited VB knowledge, and am wary of
using add-ins as the people I am sending this to to use have limited
excel knowledge.

Regards,

Steve

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21759

olasa

This should give some clues:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

...If FormulaIs is True...then Conditional Formatting

HTH
Ola Sandström

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760

stevepain

Thanks Ola,

However the reference to the other cells part is the element that I
have resolved. It is the fact that I would like four different options
available to me through conditional formatting that is proving to be
the problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Steve

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21759
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390557

olasa

Sorry my mistake ... you can't get more then 3 Conditional Formats
easily.

If font color is not what you want, 1 is ruled out
Since you ruled out Add-in, 2 is not an option
And if you don't want VBA, 3 is ruled out as well.

1. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html
2. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html
3. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

As hard as it may sound....those are your options.
Ola Sandström

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390557

stevepain

Ola,

OK, thanks for your help, I suspected the answer to be as much, and
will look into the three options you provided.

However, in the mean time, I think I've come up with a crude solution -
the cell format can be set to option number 1 through format cells. The
remaining three options can be set through conditional formating. If
none of the conditional formatting criteria are met, then it defaults
to the original formatting as set through format cells.

Thus 4 different formats are possible.