Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Percentage Formula in Excel

Help! Trying to write a formula that will calculate a percent of accuracy.
Here's the data... Created 205 widgets, there were 9 errors, % of accuracy
is 95.61%. the math is basic...
x/100 = 9/205
205x - 900
x=900/205
x= 4.39024 %
100% - 4.390% = 95.61%
How do I write a formula to calculate this. I tried....
=[(C4/B4)=(x/100)]
where Cell C4 is the 205 widgets and Cell B4 is the 9 errors.

I found a formula to find the 4.39% - the percent of error, but can I have
the percent of accuracy with adding a column? If not I guess I can always
add a column for that extra step and then hide it from print view.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Percentage Formula in Excel

To calculate the percentage of accuracy in Excel, you can use the following formula:

Formula:
=(1-(B4/C4))*100
Where B4 is the number of errors and C4 is the total number of widgets created.

This formula subtracts the percentage of errors from 100% to get the percentage of accuracy.
  1. You can enter this formula in a new cell and it will automatically calculate the percentage of accuracy based on the values in B4 and C4.
  2. If you want to hide the extra column, you can simply right-click on the column header and select "Hide". This will hide the column from view, but the formula will still work in the background.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=100-(B4*100)/C4

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike_GSP" wrote:

Help! Trying to write a formula that will calculate a percent of accuracy.
Here's the data... Created 205 widgets, there were 9 errors, % of accuracy
is 95.61%. the math is basic...
x/100 = 9/205
205x - 900
x=900/205
x= 4.39024 %
100% - 4.390% = 95.61%
How do I write a formula to calculate this. I tried....
=[(C4/B4)=(x/100)]
where Cell C4 is the 205 widgets and Cell B4 is the 9 errors.

I found a formula to find the 4.39% - the percent of error, but can I have
the percent of accuracy with adding a column? If not I guess I can always
add a column for that extra step and then hide it from print view.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=(C4-B4)/C4

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mike_GSP" wrote:

Help! Trying to write a formula that will calculate a percent of accuracy.
Here's the data... Created 205 widgets, there were 9 errors, % of accuracy
is 95.61%. the math is basic...
x/100 = 9/205
205x - 900
x=900/205
x= 4.39024 %
100% - 4.390% = 95.61%
How do I write a formula to calculate this. I tried....
=[(C4/B4)=(x/100)]
where Cell C4 is the 205 widgets and Cell B4 is the 9 errors.

I found a formula to find the 4.39% - the percent of error, but can I have
the percent of accuracy with adding a column? If not I guess I can always
add a column for that extra step and then hide it from print view.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
with 205 in B4 and 9 in C4...
=1-(C4/B4)