Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Should I save a new query for each report or use the same and modi

I have several reports that pull data from SQL and Oracle databases. I notice
the retrieval time from the Oracle database is much slower and have modified
the queries to speed them up. My question is when I create a report, I do not
save the query as a seperate query for that particular report. So the default
query is always used I just change the parameters. Will saving seperate
queries for each report gain me anything? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it and time one.

The execution speed of queries depends on many factors but I have never
heard that this is one of them.

Here are some factors:
1. Bandwidth
2. RAM
3. CPU
4. Version of Excel
5. Whether you filter records before they reach Excel.
6. Other open applications
7. Network usage
8. Database size
9. How many other users are working against the database (hense time of day
is a good test of this)
10. Poorly written queries
11. Type of query
12. And...