TeeBee0831

Default SUMIF function referring to values on different Worksheet

I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested SUMIF that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't this be done?

Bob Phillips

SUMIF referring to another sheet is no problem. Maybe the nested SUMIF is
causing a problem.

Show the data and the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"TeeBee0831" wrote in message
I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested SUMIF that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't this be

done?

teebee0831

=SUMIF('Query-Cost Centers'!A26:A116,"<1000000",'Query-Cost
Centers'!C26:C116)+SUMIF('Query-Cost Centers'!A26:A116,"899999",'Query-Cost
Centers'!C26:C116)

I get a result of 0 which is wrong.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMIF referring to another sheet is no problem. Maybe the nested SUMIF is
causing a problem.

Show the data and the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"TeeBee0831" wrote in message
I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested SUMIF that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't this be

done?

Bob Phillips

I just created some data and tested that formula and it works for me.

It does seem odd though, as it double-counts the items between 899,999 and
100,000 because those numbers satisfy both tests Is this perhaps what you
want

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Query-Cost Centers'!A26:A116<1000000),--('Query-Cost

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMIF referring to another sheet is no problem. Maybe the nested SUMIF

is
causing a problem.

Show the data and the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"TeeBee0831" wrote in message
I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a

SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested SUMIF

that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't this

be
done?

teebee0831

Wrap around?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Did you fix the wrap-around.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMIF referring to another sheet is no problem. Maybe the nested

SUMIF
is
causing a problem.

Show the data and the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"TeeBee0831" wrote in message
I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a
SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested

SUMIF
that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula

on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't

this
be
done?

teebee0831

Sorry, I did fix this but the formula still doesn't work. I get an REF# error.

"teebee0831" wrote:

Wrap around?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Did you fix the wrap-around.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMIF referring to another sheet is no problem. Maybe the nested

SUMIF
is
causing a problem.

Show the data and the formula.

--

HTH

RP

"TeeBee0831" wrote in message
I want to enter a formula on a different worksheet that contains a
SUMIF
function for values on another sheet. The formula has a nested

SUMIF
that
works fine on the same sheet, but when I try to enter the formula

on a
different sheet, the results are wrong or I get an error. Can't

this
be
done?

Bob Phillips

I just put 999999 in A26, and 3 in C26 and got a value of 3 returned.

I could force a #REF if I took one of the spaces out of the sheet name,
which might be what happened to you in correcting the NG wrap-around.

--

HTH

RP

"teebee0831" wrote in message
Sorry, I did fix this but the formula still doesn't work. I get an REF#

error.

"teebee0831" wrote:

Wrap around?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Did you fix the wrap-around.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

teebee0831

Thanks for the help, but nothing seems to work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I just put 999999 in A26, and 3 in C26 and got a value of 3 returned.

I could force a #REF if I took one of the spaces out of the sheet name,
which might be what happened to you in correcting the NG wrap-around.

--

HTH

RP

"teebee0831" wrote in message
Sorry, I did fix this but the formula still doesn't work. I get an REF#

error.

"teebee0831" wrote:

Wrap around?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Did you fix the wrap-around.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Bob Phillips

Final try. Send me the workbook?

bob dot phillips at tiscali dot co dot uk

do the obvious.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I just put 999999 in A26, and 3 in C26 and got a value of 3 returned.

I could force a #REF if I took one of the spaces out of the sheet name,
which might be what happened to you in correcting the NG wrap-around.

--

HTH

RP

"teebee0831" wrote in message
Sorry, I did fix this but the formula still doesn't work. I get an

REF#
error.

"teebee0831" wrote:

Wrap around?