Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combine information from two pages, two changing locations.

Good afternoon,

I have a €˜yearly totals page in my workbook which is the first sheet and it
SUMs the totals from two other sheets and places the total in column B, row A.
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Yearly Totals

The two sheets called €˜ABC new and €˜ABC old, at Column B, contains
numerical totals in a cell that changes monthly but the column always stays
the same. (Column B)
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Monthly Totals

Is there anyway I can have the formula on my Yearly totals page look for the
heading in row A on the ABC pages and add the totals from both pages that are
next to the heading €˜ABC Monthly Totals in column B?

This way, it wont matter if the row changes from month to month.

Thank you in advance folks for all your hard work in this matter.

BadBoy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
If I didn't misunderstand you your sheets are ABC New and ABC old and you
want to summarize what is called ABC totals. suppose that in the summary
sheet you have ABC totals in cell A1 amd upi wamt the totals in B1 so enter

=sumproduct(--(A1=ABC New!$A$1:$A$1000),ABC
New!$B$1:$B$1000)+sumproduct(--(A1=ABC Old!$A$1:$A$1000),ABC Old!$B$1:$B$1000)

"BadBoy" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have a €˜yearly totals page in my workbook which is the first sheet and it
SUMs the totals from two other sheets and places the total in column B, row A.
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Yearly Totals

The two sheets called €˜ABC new and €˜ABC old, at Column B, contains
numerical totals in a cell that changes monthly but the column always stays
the same. (Column B)
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Monthly Totals

Is there anyway I can have the formula on my Yearly totals page look for the
heading in row A on the ABC pages and add the totals from both pages that are
next to the heading €˜ABC Monthly Totals in column B?

This way, it wont matter if the row changes from month to month.

Thank you in advance folks for all your hard work in this matter.

BadBoy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Forgive me Eduardo if I was not clear.

In short, in the ABC Yearly totals page I am adding the contents of cells on
two pages. ABC new and ABC old.

Today, the totals in the ABC new and old pages are located at row 1 column B
on each page.

Tomorrow, the row and cell will change that I need information from but the
column will always remain as B

So, the formula on the Monthly totals page has to look in both the ABC old
and ABC new pages, in column C for the number that is beside the heading in
column A called €˜ABC Monthly Totals

Thank you again

"BadBoy" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have a €˜yearly totals page in my workbook which is the first sheet and it
SUMs the totals from two other sheets and places the total in column B, row A.
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Yearly Totals

The two sheets called €˜ABC new and €˜ABC old, at Column B, contains
numerical totals in a cell that changes monthly but the column always stays
the same. (Column B)
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Monthly Totals

Is there anyway I can have the formula on my Yearly totals page look for the
heading in row A on the ABC pages and add the totals from both pages that are
next to the heading €˜ABC Monthly Totals in column B?

This way, it wont matter if the row changes from month to month.

Thank you in advance folks for all your hard work in this matter.

BadBoy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I will get this post right yet. lol

Below should read:

In short, in the ABC Yearly totals page I am adding the contents of cells on
two pages. ABC new and ABC old.

Today, the totals in the ABC new and old pages are located at row 1 column B
on each page.

Tomorrow, the row and cell will change that I need information from but the
column will always remain as B

So, the formula on the Monthly totals page has to look in both the ABC old
and ABC new pages, in column B for the number that is beside the heading in

"BadBoy" wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have a €˜yearly totals page in my workbook which is the first sheet and it
SUMs the totals from two other sheets and places the total in column B, row A.
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Yearly Totals

The two sheets called €˜ABC new and €˜ABC old, at Column B, contains
numerical totals in a cell that changes monthly but the column always stays
the same. (Column B)
Column A has a heading called €˜ABC Monthly Totals

Is there anyway I can have the formula on my Yearly totals page look for the
heading in row A on the ABC pages and add the totals from both pages that are
next to the heading €˜ABC Monthly Totals in column B?

This way, it wont matter if the row changes from month to month.

Thank you in advance folks for all your hard work in this matter.

BadBoy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I assume that you have the name ABC Monthly Totals in cell A1 then is
looking for this title in column A in the two other sheets and pulling the
information from column B, change the ranges to fit your needs

hope this helps