Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor

Default Changing cell locations with formula?

I have been trying to create worksheets for my students using Excel but I
would like to use the local language instead of actual numbers. I have typed
in the words for each number and have been trying to link the numerical value
in one cell so that it places the word version in another. If for instance I
have my words in column A and I have created simple math problems using
numbers. Is there a way to have excel use the number in my math problem to
tell which cell in column A to insert the word from? I was using if then
formula but it is limited to 7 statements.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP at her:
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik