Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Atul Shah

Default Formula for changing colour of a cell based on Neumeric VALUE

I'm looking to see if there is a formula or macro to address the above query.
I want to change the colour of the cell in which the data (neumeric Value) is
stored. Based on the value the colour willb e red or green.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You do not a formula, just Conditional Formatting.

Select column A
Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Set condition to equal, and the first value
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select red
OK
OK

Second condition

Click Add
Set condition to equal, and the second value
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select green
OK
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Atul Shah" <Atul wrote in message
I'm looking to see if there is a formula or macro to address the above

query.
I want to change the colour of the cell in which the data (neumeric Value)

is
stored. Based on the value the colour willb e red or green.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

This would normally be done with Conditional Formatting
for some help with C.F. see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

or with an event macro
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm#case

A formula cannot change the formatting of any cell, including itself.
This is not a conflict with Conditional Formatting since it is not
actually changing the formatting -- remove the C.F. and it is like
it was never there.

Conditional Formatting uses regular Worksheet Formulas, or
the equivalent. I'd stick to always explicitly using formulas myself.
---
HTH,