Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup from series of tabs

Hello,
I have a workbook which has worksheets for each day of the month (i.e. "1",
"2").
I would like to retreive the figure in cell C164 of each worksheets (i.e.
for each day of the month) on to another workbook. The other workbook where i
want the figure to show, i have the dates running horizontally at the top and
i want the figure in cell C164 of the other worksheet to show up in the
corresponding date in this workbook.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, so if you want cell in sheet named 1 in cell A1,

=INDIRECT(COLUMN()&"!C164")

And paste across. If you are starting in column B, just do

=INDIRECT(COLUMN()-1&"!C164")

"Kramer" wrote:

Hello,
I have a workbook which has worksheets for each day of the month (i.e. "1",
"2").
I would like to retreive the figure in cell C164 of each worksheets (i.e.
for each day of the month) on to another workbook. The other workbook where i
want the figure to show, i have the dates running horizontally at the top and
i want the figure in cell C164 of the other worksheet to show up in the
corresponding date in this workbook.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose Row 1 is with the dates in excel date format; the below formula will
pick the cell value c164 of the corresponding sheet. Sheets are numbered in
the format 1,2,3,..31.

=INDIRECT("'[workbook.xls]" & DAY(A$1) & "'!C164")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Kramer" wrote:

Hello,
I have a workbook which has worksheets for each day of the month (i.e. "1",
"2").
I would like to retreive the figure in cell C164 of each worksheets (i.e.
for each day of the month) on to another workbook. The other workbook where i
want the figure to show, i have the dates running horizontally at the top and
i want the figure in cell C164 of the other worksheet to show up in the
corresponding date in this workbook.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Kramer,

Another trick to allow you to keep the file closed in the future that you
are referring to -

In the file with the worksheets - one for each day of the month -

=LEFT(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"),1))

This can be in any worksheet or cell. For purposes of this explanation -
lets say it is on Sheet1!A1

Will give you the file's current name and path.

In the summary workbook while the workbook above is still open,

=indirect([WorkbookName]Sheet1!$A$1&DAY(A$1)&"'!C164")

When you close the first workbook, now the formula will keep track of where
the workbook is that is being referred to.
--
If this post helps click Yes