Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup multiple tabs

I have multiple tabs with same format. Is it possible to set up the vlookup
with tab name as an input?

example tab names: US1, US2, CA1

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possible, yes, the INDIRECT function would probably be the best
approach. But a LOT of INDIRECT functions can affect sheet performance.
How many did you have in mind?

Also, you give no examples or post no workbook sample so we can see HOW
you would want these VLOOKUPs with corresponding sheetnames to work?
What info are you pulling from one sheet to the next? What criteria? How
will the sheetname be of assistance.

Also, saying that US1 and US2 are the same format, I agree. But adding
CA1 as the next example and I say they are no longer the same. That's
just me.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Partially worked it out by posting on the forum.

=INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!$D$26")

Cell A3 has the tab name I referred to earlier "US1 / US2/ CA1"

Now instead of a definite cell (D26 as in formula), I want to refer to
another cell (B3) for the location. Do I need another indirect to make it
work?

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Possible, yes, the INDIRECT function would probably be the best
approach. But a LOT of INDIRECT functions can affect sheet performance.
How many did you have in mind?

Also, you give no examples or post no workbook sample so we can see HOW
you would want these VLOOKUPs with corresponding sheetnames to work?
What info are you pulling from one sheet to the next? What criteria? How
will the sheetname be of assistance.

Also, saying that US1 and US2 are the same format, I agree. But adding
CA1 as the next example and I say they are no longer the same. That's
just me.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=49126

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yhoy;177828 Wrote:
Partially worked it out by posting on the forum.

=INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!$D$26")

Cell A3 has the tab name I referred to earlier "US1 / US2/ CA1"

Now instead of a definite cell (D26 as in formula), I want to refer to
another cell (B3) for the location. Do I need another indirect to make
it
work?

Yes, if B3 had a cell reference in it, you could slip it in the same
way:

=INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!"&B3)