Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Project formula

UNHCR-Aug 09 UNICEF-Aug 09
Project # Staff Project # Staff
69152 2 69149 2 69149
70961 2 70961 2 70961
70958 1 45862 1 45862
70880 2 70880 2 70880
70958

69152

Above is just examble extracted form my sheet
thing is I have lot of Project (above mentioned only 2 projects for ex )
each projecj has many sub projects.(denoted in number) in this shedeule i
want to get total number of staff project number wise as some project
numbers are in more than on places. I have entered all project number in
thirt main column.

what is the formula i can use to get all total staff with project number
wise irrespective of main project

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
when you say third main column is that column C or as per your information
below is column E, Projects # are in different columns is yes you can use

=sumproduct(--(e1=$A$1:$A$1000),$B$1:$B$1000)+sumproduct(--(e1=$C$1:$C$1000),$D$1:$D$1000)

if this helps please click yes thanks