Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cannot paste column data from one worksheet to another

Excel 2003, Vista Home Premium

Every week I copy and paste a column from 1 work sheet to another.

Now all of a sudden, I get this message:

"Information cannot be pasted.........copy area and paste area are not the
same size....."

I have changed the size of the columns to match, clicked on a single cell
and tried to paste.

Nothing works

--
stevemalee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:26:01 -0700, stevemalee
wrote:

Excel 2003, Vista Home Premium

Every week I copy and paste a column from 1 work sheet to another.

Now all of a sudden, I get this message:

"Information cannot be pasted.........copy area and paste area are not the
same size....."

I have changed the size of the columns to match, clicked on a single cell
and tried to paste.

Nothing works

If all you want are the values in the cells, you could do a "paste
special" and select only "values".

What you have done is merged columns or rows either on the source sheet
or the destination, and the paste pukes at that point.

It also happens when you add things like headers or a title that has
merged cells which "cross the path" of your column paste attempt.